Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 - End of year

One final posting before the new year celebrations kick in.
Just a few updates for the car over the Christmas period. I now have a fully calibrated fuel stick which will be especially useful as I plan to run some extra fuel as the ballast I need in the short term until I get the car to a point where I want to corner weigh and set the location of ballast. I have also removed the spare upright part of the roll cage that Rob used to mount a head restraint. This is way above my head and the resulting gap is perfect for a modified air intake for the air box, as per a single seater.

Apart from those small items, we have a couple of modification to make to the cockpit, extending the seat to better support my legs and some sort of simple left foot rest beside the clutch. Not quite as industrious as some others like Tim but the car was in very good shape when we picked it up which is nice.

The new year should see an order going into Demon Tweaks for some consumables, such as chain oil, engine oil, etc, which will mean we are fairly well setup of a few tests. One the list of items for the next two tests are:

  1. Test with a lower front ride height to see how that effects the mid corner behavior in medium to fast corners.
  2. Continue the tests started in the last session to understand what the car feels like with a full range of adjustments on the rear dampers and the front anti-roll bar.
  3. Test on a rather more complex circuit than Snetterton, something like Cadwell for example so I can get a feel for undulation and rapid changes in direction.
One last big thank you to the many people who have helped me over the last year of racing and Happy New Year to all. Just 11 more weeks to go before the first round of the 2008 season!

Derek

No comments: