Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Brands Test Report

Well the testing at Brands last Friday was an experience. I will try and write up more when I finish a rather hectic week of travel for work but in short, I had a chance to sort of learn the track, some parts on the car worked well but others didn't. Oh and I did not race on the Sunday in the end.
The paddle shift worked brilliantly. I changed to the middle adjustment hole to make the shift a little lighter but never had a problem using the paddles instead of the normal stick.
Learning the track was quite hard because of the number of other cars and the fact that some were much much much quicker so almost every lap including letting somebody past. Not too much fun and I would have learnt a lot more on a trackday.
The laggy throttle and car wanted to stall after a long straight which started to appear at Snetterton last outing was back and made balancing high speed corners really hard. In the end it was also causing problems on gear changes into the hairpin as the engine died on some occasions. In the afternoon we changed up 2 jet sizes which made a slight improvement but the overall diagnostic was a failing fuel pump.
So new pump installed and in line filter ordered and hopeful will get another test in before the season opening race in 2 weeks
I have some telemetry but no speedo readings or timing due to a few other problems that are easy to fix but I don't think I was too far off the pace. Maybe I can work out some times from the telemetry I have.

No comments: