Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Learning my way around Brands Hatch


Well last night was 'getting to know Brands'. In the end I managed a 51.5 in a Motorsport Elise on GTR. I don't think I will manage quite that lap time in real life but it was good fun. It was definitely a good lesson on the importance of Clearways/Clark Curve for reduce the lap times. I the one area that the simulator does not help with is gaining the nerve to drive Paddock Hill Bend fast.
I keep thinking I would like to improve the paintwork on my Fury. It's rather bashed after a few years of competing with it's previous owner. Most of the other racers keep commenting that it will get knocked about once on the track anyway, especially as its my first racing season. Hello Mr Tyre Wall! Thoughts of a better paintwork crept up on me again after seeing Tim Hoverd's new colour scheme. Nice work Tim

No comments: