Thursday, March 16, 2006

Packing up for 1st testing day

Well the cars all packed up on the trailer, in preparation for the early morning run down to Brands. The trailer is once again sporting it's tyre rack and the car for the first time is wearing the number 25 (well on one side and the front, have not had a chance to do the passenger side). The rear also for the first time has a novice cross stuck on, or as some in the RGB series call it, a novice target. As it looks like there will be a number of rather fast cars and drivers at the Brands test tomorrow, I thought it was wise to warn them that I was a novice! I will be running the video and taking some pics tomorrow and hope to run some analysis from the telemetry after the testing and I might even get something up here on Saturday before we go for the rear race on Sunday. :)
So the aims for tomorrow are:
1. Shakedown of the car since Andy redid the gearbox and checked over the engine.
2. Learn the track and do some basic changes to the car setup to test it behaves like I expect (Anti-roll bar sweep)
3. Set some base lap times at brands and learn as much as I can from the other racers (esp RGB racers) present.
4. Learn the art of being on a small tight circuit with lots of other (and faster) cars.
5. Don't crash!
Saturday I will do a spanner and fluids check on the car.
Sunday, ably assisted by Tony, the aim is to gain as much practice as possible in the qualifying and 2 races that hopefully will stand me in good stead for the start of the RGB championship in April. I don't have an aim to come above a certain position except that I think there are Locust racing in my group so it would make sense to beat them! Of course one new items to all of this is the ability to have the timing on the DD2 working and tie that up with the telemetry. I will no doubt spend many hours post this weekend reviewing the data so I had better do a good consistent job of the driving and remember to switch on the data logging!

1 comment:

High Power Rocketry said...

Cool look into your world. Totally new to me.